Solved

EDI - Direct Delivery (DIRDEL)

• 21 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Is it possible to receive a DIRDEL message of an external company which is not in IFS?
If yes, how does this work?

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 21 September 2022, 12:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@flesabriw At the moment, we can’t receive DIRDEL messages through Web-services (it is not listed in web-services as a BizAPI), hence your requirement can’t be accomplished using the functionalities available in the Core version of IFSAPPS10.

I see below note in the one of the Product Development reference documents  further explaining this,

“..Note that in the first versions of the DIRDEL messages they were actually called DESADV…When the more advanced DESADV was introduced the old, more internal DESADV was renamed to DIRDEL
As mentioned above the DIRDEL is mainly supposed for internal use – used for registering direct delivery transactions. It mainly uses the MHS technique, meaning that messages are directly copied between out and in box. So from my point of view, I can’t really see the use of ITS for DIRDEL, as long as the “MHS” technique (copy from message out to message in-box) still exists.“

That why the DIRDEL message class doesn’t exist in the BizApi format.

Do you feel any customer willing to get support for the DIRDEL message in the BizApi format, please let us know and we can create an ‘Idea’ so that your requirement/request is considered for Future releases.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Kanishka,

thanks so much for your quick and useful answer.
That correspond with my analysis.

Yes, I have a customer which wants to send DIRDEL from an company which is not in IFS.
Currently, they create customer orders with supply code “purchase transit”, which will create a purchase order. This purchase order is sent via ORDERS (bizapi) to the other company. The other company then sends back a DESADV (bizapi).
Now, they want to send a DIRDEL (= direct delivery message) instead of DESADV, so that the delivery is directly registered. This means, the supply code of the customer order is “purchase direct”.

Thanks for your help.