Question

DP Server functions very slowly

• 8 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

In one of client, when they start DP server it takes a long time to complete start up. we have tried with both the way, 1. by running DP server application and 2. by running DP Server Setup application & running the Load form DB Job. but in both the cases it takes almost 1 hour to start though there are not much data in the defined base flow and combined flow. need to know why is it happening like this.

Also, when we run DP jobs like create forecast, qualify parts etc it takes a long time to complete, almost 7-8 hours.

The only job that take fraction of second is Aggregate Daily.

other jobs i could not test due to this long time period.

In reality customer has more than 4 crore inventory parts including all the sites to be handled through demand planner. but currently for testing they are using few sites only.

Can someone explain me why is it taking this much time ?? and what are the possible ways to optimize it?

[Customer is using IFS Apps-10 & Demand Planner Server 6.0.0]

Regards-

Nahin

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I would suggest to verify the base flow sql statements performance. Most likely the view/the query used for this has bad performance. This could be the explanation for the long start up times and long run times for create forecast.

Easiest way to identify the performance bottle neck is to put the server to start and verify the session and cursors in the databased used by DemandServer oracle user (If this is the user you have used in the Demand server). This way you could easily identify which cursors are taking a longer time to run.

Regards,

Jithendra