Question

DHL+: API integration for Shipping

• 9 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello all!

Since it seems like a problem at least someone else would have, I thought I’d ask the community. We were recently booted from using a software provided by DHL called Easy Ship and were directed by them to use their new web based platform called DHL+. Unfortunately this new software doesn’t have the API integration to IFS that the previous software did. While we can manually add the data, it creates more opportunities for human error.

Does anyone know of any new software package for DHL that could provide this feature? We’re using IFS9. And heck, if anyone has any idea for how to integrate into a web based platform into IFS I’m all ears, but I would guess that is unlikely (or complicated).

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @matthunter,

Feasibility of integrating IFS to DHL+ is mainly bounded with what data exchange protocols their APIsupports.

In IFS9, you can integrate XML based APIs with IFS connect framework. Best thing is to go for a customization to create the BizApis that required for connect to the external API but if the scope is small,  it could be done with configurations as well.

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @matthunter,

It seems like DHL supports SOAP XML integration protocol which can be used to call a BizAPI from your IFS Application.

You might need to contact your DHL account manager to confirm if you are allowed to use the above webservice and then access request.

I would second @dsj’s suggestion on developing a BizAPI integration on IFS side to integrate with the DHL webservices.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.