Question

Demand planner stop /Start

• 20 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

What are the consequences of stop/restart of DP server?

at the restart does it perform all the scheduled jobs even the  date/time is < Sys date?

One of my client having problem where they have exact similar set up in Test/PRod but  changing the forecast for one part not be reflected in Exported forecast.

Noticed that changed date of Exported forecast won’t be changing  as well.

basic set up was evaluated , nothing found strange or missing , could this be eliminated with Stop/restart of the server?

Thanks 

KManori

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m not sure I fully understand your issue -  you’ve touched on multiple things, so take what follows with a grain of salt. 

In regards to starting and stopping the server,  it may revert to whatever is currently written back in the FORECAST_DAY table as I understand values that are not written back are held in memory in the client itself.  Personally, I’ve only had issues with Exported Forecasts differing from the client when there is a writeback error. If there is one, it will render on the IEE Demand Server dashboard.  It’s also likely that there’s an error code somewhere.

Regarding whether jobs will be run if they’re scheduled in the past when you start and stop the server, I’ve never tested that.  That said, when I’ve encountered a writeback error, stopped the service (we’re running it as a service) and restarted it, the error cleared.

I hope this helps - I realize i’m not fully answering your question, but hopefully i’ve given you enough to start chasing down where things are breaking.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you very much ,I checked the error in  Demand plan server /server dashboard and there were no error in Writeback, it seemed that it doesn’t communicate with the server at all,

As you have mentioned at the time of stop the service/ server  DP data were reset   , manual changes were also got cleared.

But the issue solved and it correctly communicates .

Thanks,

Manori