Question

Demand Plan Server: Create forecast for new parts in the current period

• 27 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

Perhaps someone can help me with the following scenario (on a productive environment):

Initial situation:

• -The "Create Forecast" job has already been executed for the current period
  • The user creates a new forecast part AND defines a predecessor and sets the "Inheritance" parameter to "YES"

→ The forecast is now to be calculated for the new part

Problem:

• In Application 9, the user executed the "Create Forecast" job again to obtain a forecast for the new part
  • Since Application 10, the "Create Forecast " job can only be run once per period (IFS error message: "The period has already been aggregated. Create Forecast can only be run once per period")

Question:
→ How can a forecast be calculated for the new forecast part based on the previous one?

→ The calculation should be be executed immediately, i.e. without having to wait for the start of the next period.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

In this scenario I would suggest the following (but it may depend on how many base flows the new forecast part appears in):

Essentially you could copy the current forecast for the predecessor part and copy it into the Adjusted Forecast for the new forecast part (the Forecast Table allows ‘copy & paste’ possibilities for this). 

This means that you would have a forecast for this period and then you could run the Create Forecast job again next period.  You may need to set the Adjusted Forecast back to the System Forecast (System to Adjusted) next period depending if it’s vastly different (but it probably won’t be).

I hope this helps.