Question

Demand Code on PO Req

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I wonder if anyone can help, 

I have raised a po req for a number of inventory parts, this Req has then been flipped to an order. I had a descrepency with supply and demand on my part availability screen and eventually traced it back to the Demand Code on my Req line.

For some reason the demand code has automatically come through as Non Inventory and i cannot find the route cause. what is more worrying is that i cannot replicate the problem when i recreate the req (comes through as Invent Order)

Iv  searched on the overview screan and there about 30 PO Req lines (converted to PO) in a DB of 60k inventory parts.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here ?

TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Were the parts 30014-0177, 30027-0174… created as non-inventory parts and later converted to be inventory parts?

Also, are you in APP8?

(RnD corrected a back in time for APP8, ID 112377)

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks Asanka,

The problem was relatively simple once i walked it through with the guy who raised it.

1. create PO req
  2. Add part, 
  3. Part not in IFS
  4. go to inventory and ad part
  5. save req

By leaving the new part line open on the req while then adding it to inventory it created it as Non-Inventory.

The user should have cancelled the line then added it to inventory and re added it to the req………...in that order

Regs

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Aha! Mystery solved then.