Question

Deactivate Purchase Groups

• 4 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello,

Is there a way in IFS you can inactive Purchase Groups?  When trying to delete one in the basic data, the system will not allow me:

I get an error message that it’s already referenced to purchase order change lines.  

Funny part is when I search for those lines, I cannot find it.  

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What version of IFS are you using? From App10 onwards, you could change the validity of the Purchase Groups through RMB and hide / block

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

IFS APPs 9, update 16.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In APPS 9 also you can remove the purchase group record unless it's not using any other reference records. 
ex: Purchase part, Supplier discount, Purchase group supplier, Purchase Requis Line NoPart.

Technically, before removing the purchase group, you need to remove that reference first. 
In your scenario its 'purchase order change lines'

To investigate why it's not showing purchase order change lines, it needs to technically investigate the
issue by checking the records in the database.
So Could you please create a support ticket for IFS support? 
Then IFS Support can investigate the issue further and provide a proper answer\fix

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Probable reason for why it's not showing purchase order change lines is user allowed site filtering. User can only see data related to sites that he has access, But there can be actual records in the database entered by other uses with the mentioned purchase Group.