Question

Customs Value Currency in Shipment

• 24 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Customs Value Currency must be filled in manually in Shipment under General. I want the currency from the Customs Order to show in this field. How can this be solved?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you have defined a currency in the Customs Value Currency field in the Customer Order->Delivery Information tab, this will be fetched to the Shipment window.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

As per Help Text given,

If no currency is defined for this field either in Customer Order->Delivery Information tab, or Shipment->General tab,  the base currency will be used to reflect the values on a pro forma invoice created as a customer order pro forma invoice or a shipment pro forma invoice.

Also, there is a field called “Customs Value” in the customer order line. This refers to the declared price of a sales item used at customs in trade for deliveries made between countries/states. This value is entered manually and can be changed when required. The value is displayed for one unit in the customer’s unit of measure, and reflects the base currency, if no customs value currency is defined in the customer order header (Delivery Information tab). The customs value gets printed on a pro forma invoice created as a customer order pro forma invoice or a shipment pro forma invoice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for the answers. We would like the Customs value Currency field either in Shipment or Customer order to always reflect the Currency in the Customer order. Any solution to this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you for the answers. We would like the Customs value Currency field either in Shipment or Customer order to always reflect the Currency in the Customer order. Any solution to this? 

Hi Eva,

Similar topic was discussed few weeks back regarding Customs Value here.
If I to quote one of the comments,

“We (system) want to make sure that the user deliberately sets a correct value, Since this impacts the procedure with the customs at the recipient. Even if the CO is entered and sold to customer A, they may request that the delivery is done to their customer and this is entered as a Single Occurrence Address. Then the Customs Value must reflect what customer A sells the parts for to customer B, and not the price we sell to customer A”

So based on this and thinking of the similarity, I think systems expects the user to deliberately define the Customs Value Currency too. Hope you will also agree that it would not be correct to set the Customs Value Currency to be as trade currency always.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Vimukthi,

The Currency for the Customs Value is in 99,9% of our Shipments the same as the Currency in the Customer order so I think it would be better to change the Customs Value Currency in those 0,01% of the orders manually. For the rest of the orders we are looking for a solution where the Customs Value Currency reflects the Currency in the Customer order. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Vimukthi,

The Currency for the Customs Value is in 99,9% of our Shipments the same as the Currency in the Customer order so I think it would be better to change the Customs Value Currency in those 0,01% of the orders manually. For the rest of the orders we are looking for a solution where the Customs Value Currency reflects the Currency in the Customer order. 

In that case, what I can think of is a modification for your scenario. Maybe to use the order currency when Customs Value Currency is empty.