Question

customer order lines consolidating into one shipment ID.

• 15 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 85 replies

We are having issues with our customer order lines consolidating into one shipment ID.

Usually we can pick a number of lines from a single customer and regardless of the customer order number, it will consolidate all the lines into one shipping ID for invoicing. We have noticed today that IFS will consolidate some but not all lines. This means we are having to process multiple invoices for single shipments.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

The information is very limited so it is hard to answer this clearly. Do you connect manually or automatically? What setup do you have on the Shipment Type etc?

I write a bit in general around this topic.

When lines are consolidated into shipments there are a number of parameters that are mandatory to match:

• Shipment Type
  • Receiver
  • Sender
  • Receiver Address all details
  • Sender Address all details
  • Ship via
  • Site
  • Delivery Terms
  • Customs Value Currency

As long as the customer order lines are matching those parameters against the Shipment it should be possible to connect manually from the Shipment/Available Lines tab. If any of these differs they will be on different shipments, so first step is to make sure that the lines that you want in the same shipment has the same values on this.

Then we have a set of optional parameters that you can configure in the shipment type that can be added to be considered in the automatic connection:

So here you can decide if you want split per order etc in the automatic connection.

In addition to this the shipment must be in status Preliminary and not block for auto connection to get lines auto connected.

As I said it is hard to help more without more details.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Here i have added more points for better understanding.

The lines are connected automatically when the picklist is created

When you create the pick list, it produces a shipping ID that covers everything going out to the customer. This shipping ID is what we use to invoice the goods.

the pick was created at the same time but one part was assigned shipping ID 167876 and the other was assigned 167877.

Both are different orders different lines and different parts and same site.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

The customer order lines are matching those parameters against the Shipment.

regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

It seems as if you are running an older version before the shipment type was introduced (probably APPS8 or earlier?). My answer was based on a later version of the application. 

I have no possibility to help out in apps8, however spontaneously it should work with your setup. Not sure what the problem is? 

• Are there still some parameter differing between the customer order lines, my list above was more the short version e.g. each address field must be the same etc etc
  • Are there any timing issue you proceed with the first order and complete the shipment before the other one has created the pick list?

If you delete the shipment line of the second order form the second shipment, do they appear in the Available Lines tab in the first shipment. If not some parameter differs or other condition is not fulfilled.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

We are using IFS 7.5 version.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Patan,

Please, try the suggestion from Fredrik, i.e.: to delete the shipment line of the second order from the second shipment, and check if the disconnected line appears in the Available Lines tab in the first shipment.

If it doesn’t appear, then any or several delivery parameters in the lines are different (check and compare order line details).

If it appears, then the automatic shipment creation and order lines connection should be reviewed.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi , 

We have tried as you suggested, we have deleted the shipment line of the second order from the second shipment, and it is appearing in the shipment ID lines.

what is the next action.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Since morning onwards we have issued two many consolidate invoices but in that only few customer invoices we faced this issue other invoices we can able to consolidate, can you pls confirm the reason behind this.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Patanm ,

I tried to replicate your problem in a Core App 7.5 environment with the latest service pack, but in my case both lines were connected to the same shipment, both when creating consolidated pick list and when creating pick lists for each customer order.

So then, I recommend you to create a support case in IFS Service Center so it can be analyzed further by Support team.

Regards,

Pilar