Question

Customer Order - External Transport Lead Time and Picking Lead Time

• 14 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Greetings, IFS Community.

Hope all is well with you.

In the help section, I read about the "External Transport Lead Time" and the "Picking Lead Time".

I have not been able to understand it.

Can I change a parameter from one of them to affect the other?

The days on the customer's order are supposed to change if I change the parameters for "External Transport Lead Time" and "Picking Lead Time"?

Is there any explanation of how these "External Transport Lead Time" and the "Picking Lead Time" parameters work?

I can see the planned due date change but the planned ship date does not change.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You’ll find that the IFS help doesn’t explain dates very well.  The field help is the best place to see what each field is intended to do, but there really isn’t an overall explanation of how the dates are used and interact.  Scheduling orders is for us an entire process, but we’ve found that the IFS out of the box dates, as many as there are don’t actually cover all of the requirements.  We’ve added quite a few as custom fields as well as a custom scheduling algorithm to set the Wanted Delivery Date where we need it to be.

Picking Lead Time is for the time between the Wanted Delivery Date and the Planned Due Date and is the number of working days between the two.

You have it set to 5 days, so that is the 18th, 19th, 20th, 23rd, and 24th plus 1 day that IFS will add because for many things you can’t have the due date the same as the delivery date.

External Transport Lead Time is used more in intersite orders between sites, so you won’t see the same effect if it is just a single customer order to an external customer.