Question

Custom Field

• 26 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Apps10

We are trying to add Buyer_Code from Purchase_order to the Posting Proposals screen...but getting this error message

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @chajash 

by the argument change the v by a t 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

i tried to replace the v with t, still have the same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

we’ve resolved a similar issue as below. Please follow it,
Error in creating a Custom Field | IFS Community

But in your example, you are referring non existing column name of the view POSTING_PROPOSAL_HEAD.

In CORE reference environment there is no column called po_ref_Number in POSTING_PROPOSAL_HEAD.

Please check whether there is a column called po_ref_Number in your database code POSTING_PROPOSAL_HEAD

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

HI Kelum

Po_Ref_Number is the field name for column PO Ref on our Posting Proposals screen.

I made a ticket for IFS and they were also having the same problem with this field.

I will post what the remedy was.

Thanks

Cindy

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

“When a Select statement is set up for a Read-Only field, the arguments must exist in the base view or the base table for the LU, as well as in all approved detail views on that LU”
IFS documentation said as above.

The base view of logical unit PostingProposalHead is "posting_proposal_head” and PO_REF_NUMBER is not available there.

In Postal proposal window, PO_REF_NUMBER is comes from the view POSTING_PROPOSAL_INVOICE_FINAL and its not a base view.

you will get further assistance through the created Support ticket.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I decided to create a custom view and then use that to get the values for the custom field.

It was too difficult to find a LU in the system that actually linked the payment proposal invoice_id and PO number. :-(

Anyway moral of the story is that there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Cindy