Question

Consolidate price for similar part numbers on purchase order

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is it possible to consolidate pricing for similar parts on a purchase order? For example, if I’m ordering 500 each of a red, blue and white widget for a total of 1500 widgets, the supplier will extend the 1500 piece price. How do I get the 1500 piece price to show up on the PO when I’m order 500 of 3 different part numbers.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tricia.roth, this could be achieved by the Consolidated Pricing option in the PO. You could define different prices / discounts / additional costs based on different quantities ordered, in Price Lists or Supplier Agreements for the same part. And then when you calculate consolidated price from the PO, you will get a better prices / discounts based on the total qty ordered. You will then have the choice of either accepting the calculated price or keeping the current price as it is.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I want to use the consolidated pricing functionality for different parts, not the same part. 

If a supplier offers a discount at 1000 pieces, and they don’t care what part number I order, I’d like to take advantage of that from the system:

For example, let’s say the 250 price for each part is $1, and the 1000 piece price is 0.50. When I enter the order, the total value will be $1000, and after I use the consolidated pricing functionality, it will be $500. 

Blue Widget x 250 

White Widget X 250

Red Widget X 250

Green Widget X 250

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tricia.roth, according to the current functionality, consolidation is happening per part number I believe. Maybe you can have the same part number for similar parts and differentiate them by Part Description / Supplier Part Number. Otherwise, you will need to go for a customization, I think. Thanks.