Question

Commission Agreement Setup in IFS App-10

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all,

We are trying to set up a Commission Agreement tied to a Sales Group.

We have created the Commission Agreement and entered the values.  In this test case, 20% commission is awarded until 500k in sales, then 15% and then 10% after a million.

We tested by fully invoicing a few sample orders.  The first 2 orders calculated correctly at 15% commission (500k each).  The 3rd order should’ve calculated at 10% since 1M has been reached, but it calculated at 20%.

Am I missing something in the setup?  We chose Additive calculation method so the percentage would change when sales reached the targets, but the lines seem to be calculating individually.  I made sure to enter the Sales Group in the agreement and invoice parts with that same sales group.

Thank you,

Steve

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I believe the calculation method only affects the commission calculation but the system will always perform calculation per customer order line.

If the calculation method is set to Additive, all matching agreement lines, in the sequence order, will be used to calculate the commission amount. If the calculation method is set to Exclusive, only that specific line be used in the calculation. Additive is the default value.

So in the given example, the third customer order line with 50 will trigger the first range 1-499999 which is why the 20% calculation is is performed.