Question

'Closed Date' field in the Purchase Order Receipt

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What’s the sigficance of IFS letting you manually enter this value? I mean, it automatically gets filled when the following conditions are fullfilled. 

• The receipt status is Received
  • All invoices that are matched to the receipt are posted.
  • The complete arrived quantity has been invoiced or returned.

This is fine. But my problem is this: 

Sometimes my user, immediately after a receipt, manually enteres a value in this field in order to complete the project activity. He dosen’t mind about invoice matching or anything about the received lines. I am wondering why IFS lets you manually enter a value even when Invoiced qty =0, given the situation I experienced? 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Asela Munasinghe ,

I agree with you but, this options helps when there is a need close the receipts without invoicing. 

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Asela Munasinghe, isnt the user receiving below information message? Below is from APP10. 

Would the user still proceed by passing this message? 

However, I get it this is not your question. You are asking why this is manually editable. 

It can be agreed that a mistake here can result in undesirable results in GRNI and invoicing. Yet there have been customers wanting to close the PO activity manually in their specific business processes. I also understood that this functionality (of manually editing) has been in place for quite some time and if IFS changes the behavior suddenly, it might impact the existing users who are using it and who have developed different mods around this if they may. 

I hope you would agree with me if we see above information message as a heads-up to the user whoever is setting the closed date manually. So this means, the risk here is identified and mitigated it considering the benefits of giving users the flexibility. 

Thank you.