Question

Can't save shop order

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 85 replies

Hi,

Can any one help me why i am getting the below error.

Regards,

Patan M.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

The Shop Order Lot Size is very large, so perhaps you have a very long leadtime for one or more operations which means the system cannot schedule.

Please upload a screen shot of Routing Revision 2 for your part with the Operation ‘Machine Run Factor’ and ‘Factor Unit’ fields visible.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Richard,

Pls find the below screenshot, 

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

It seems that you have some additional non-standard fields in these screen shots.

Ideally, we need to see the ‘Factor Unit’ column which typically shows ‘Hour/Unit’, ‘Unit/Hour’ or ‘Hour’.

Can you upload that please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Patanm what’s the Factor Unit? pcs per hr or hrs per pcs?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, Pcs per hrs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  I know you have said it’s Pcs per Hrs, but can you please show that in the Routing screen?

Also, it appears that Routing Revision 2 is not new (Phase In Date = 03/01/2013) so presumably you have used this before on other shop orders in the past without any problems, right?

If so, have the Shop Order Lot Sizes been the same (it appears that the Standard Lot Size = 300000)?

The Manufacturing Leadtime information is shown on the Routing.  Can you run the ‘Calculate Manufacturing Leadtime’ calculation again to see if these values are updated?

You may not know this, but it seems like you are running an older version of IFS Applications, could it be Version 7 or 7.5?  Also, can you confirm whether you have what was known as ‘the Yield VAP’ included in your version?  This may not explain the reason for the error, but it would be good to know. 😉

Many thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

When i updating lot tracking in the part catalogue i am getting this below error, but all the shop order was closed against below part, can you pls why i am getting the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Patanm ,

The original error related to the date range of the resource ID, should be because the valid date range of the resource ID connected to the work center mentioned in the error message, is not tally with the shop order date range. I can see that the start date of your shop order is 09/07/2019.

So, go to the work center and select the relevant resource ID under Resource tab, and check if the Start Date is correct. If not, try changing it to a past date (before 2019), and try processing the shop order.

You might have to add a new line with a suitable Start Date.

Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

When i updating lot tracking in the part catalogue i am getting this below error, but all the shop order was closed against below part, can you pls why i am getting the error

Hi @Patanm ,

This error does not mean, that there are open shop orders for this part. I believe it means that there are open shop orders with this part as component materials.

I suggest you to check this part in Shop Order Materials screen (or a similar screen related in App7.5) for the Component Part column, and see if there are open shop orders for this part connected as component materials.

Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Open shop order is available, i need to close the shop order means i need to close the shop order line as well, when i am doing RMB there is no unreserved option enable to close the shop order. pls suggest further.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Open shop order is available, i need to close the shop order means i need to close the shop order line as well, when i am doing RMB there is no unreserved option enable to close the shop order. pls suggest further.

Regards,

Patan M.

Hi @Patanm ,

Have you searched the part no in the component part no field in Shop Order Materials screen ?

What is the output ?

Best Regards

Thushitha