Solved

Can't revoke Order Quotation Approval

• 24 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The following message was received while trying to Revoke an OQA

Earlier, we have revoked the PR authorization for the particular line though...

icon

Best answer by SMANUEL 26 January 2022, 07:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @SMANUEL 

Can you mention at which point did you revoke the PR authorization. Is it before you approve the Order Quotation? I tried this is core environment and the result is as below.

Scenario 1 
Order Quotation is not approved yet. 

Request for Order Quotation is “Released”

Revoke PR line is not possible due to error “Cannot REVOKE authorization step when active Request for Quotation exists.”

Scenario 2

Order Quotation is approved.

Request for Order Quotation is “Closed” 

PR line is revoked

And the Order Quotation Approval is Revoked without an error.

It seems like there is no impact from PR line being revoked. And I suppose your issue needs further investigation. If you are unable find the root cause I suggest you to raise a ticket to IFS Support.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Tharaka Senevirathne Thank You for your response..That was pretty quick..:relaxed:

The PR authorization was revoked after Approving the OQ (there were multiple lines in the PR..we revoked one of them)..The error occurred even before revoking PR authorization though..

PR is authorized only after the OQA is approved (so we revoked the PR line authorization after we received the error first time..but error occurred even after that)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @SMANUEL 

In core application, it is not allowed to create a quotation unless the PR is approved. As you can see below, when the “Authorization Required” I cannot create a Quotation. But after the PR is approved “Requisition to Request” is enabled. 
And also the system does not allow to revoke PR lines when an active request for quotation exists.

Then I processed the PR and created the Quotation, After the Order quotation is approved the system allow to revoke the PR lines. 

Even after revoking the PR line I am still allowed to revoke the approval with out an error

Hence can you check if there is any customization involved in your application. Because as I mentioned earlier In core application, it is not allowed to create a quotation unless the PR is approved. 
My final collusion is to raise a ticket to IFS if you were able to do the same process before and not you are unable. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Tharaka Senevirathne Thanks Much for your time..Our process is PR-->Release PR--->Requisition to Request ---->Approve Quotation---->Authorize PR----->Requisition to PO

Authorization check box is enabled as soon as we Release the PR (based on the PR Auth Rule)

We can create RFQ even if the Authorization check box is enabled

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @SMANUEL 

There is a difference between your application and base line application. In base line application PR has to be authorized in order to proceed with Requisition to Request.

I suppose there is a customization involved here. If customization support is covered in your agreement the best solution is to raise a ticket to IFS Support.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Tharaka Senevirathne Many thanks for your time..Appreciate it...:thumbsup: