Question

BPA - Delay Closing PO by 24 hrs

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Is it possible, using a BPA, to delay closing a PO on the system by e.g. 24hours?

We have a business problem where we don’t want the PO to close immediately when the user presses the button, but waits 24hrs, then it closes.

Thoughts?

Any help appreciated. 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@dfsjmarchant as far as I know it’s not possible to schedule a BPA. BPAs are triggered by event actions / projection calls / user interaction.

What you could do is:

• make sure the Auto Close PO option is set to False at supplier level
  • create an event action → simple PL/SQL block that should fetch POs in Received status which have been received more than 24 hrs ago → close the POs
  • create a DB task to schedule that event

In the below post you can see how to create a DB task through which you can execute an event. Then you can create a schedule on top of that task.

Schedule event action in IFS Cloud 21Rx | IFS Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

That’s an interesting response, thank you. I’ll discuss with our business if that is acceptable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dfsjmarchant as far as I know it’s not possible to schedule a BPA. BPAs are triggered by event actions / projection calls / user interaction.

What you could do is:

• make sure the Auto Close PO option is set to False at supplier level
  • create an event action → simple PL/SQL block that should fetch POs in Received status which have been received more than 24 hrs ago → close the POs
  • create a DB task to schedule that event

In the below post you can see how to create a DB task through which you can execute an event. Then you can create a schedule on top of that task.

Schedule event action in IFS Cloud 21Rx | IFS Community

Hi @Marcel.Ausan ,

You ‘can’ schedule a workflow using a custom LU and good old migration jobs ;)

Check my reply on below idea

Timer start event in workflow | IFS Community

This idea was created to have the possibility of using Timer start event in Camunda, so it’s possible to schedule a workflow by it’s own. I wish IFS has already added in their roadmap.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@dsj you’re dangerously inventive 🤣!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dsj you’re dangerously inventive 🤣!

sometimes you can’t wait until IFS solves everything and need to cheat a little 😁