Question

Block sales order o prevent shipment

• 19 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Good morning everyone!!

Right now we are producing some parts without made issue to the materials, this is because with the material in that way we are unable to ship parts until everything is revised and fully issued.

That was our way to prevent any scape to our customers, but, this is creating a lot of confusion between the material in wip and the raw material on hand and is giving bad signals to purchasing department.

Did you know any other way to prevent shipments? maybe block the sales order from customer, or block the FG part.

Any better way to make this and we can fully issue any parts once released to production?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @fhernand0,

I’m not sure if I understood exactly what you are trying to do but I believe you are trying to make it so when you are running a shop order and receiving parts into inventory you want to make sure the parts you are receiving into inventory from a specific shop order will not be able to ship to a customer until you are ready to release them.   

We are using IFS Application 10 and we’ve configured an availability control so we can not reserve product from the location.   We’ve actually added this availability control to this location through warehouse navigator so any products we put into this location will receive our availability control to stop reservations.

When we are completely done with our shop order and everything is ready to go we perform an inventory move and place the inventory into a picking location without an availability control so we can now reserve the product from the shipment screen and ship the product to the customer.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you for your response William, I think I’m trying more to find a way to lock a part number to be sold, or lock a sales order.

Did you know a way to do it?

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @fhernand0 ,

I do not know of anyway to accomplish what you wish by part number but from a customer order prospective you could put the order on credit block which prevents shipping from using IFS to report picking and delivery of the products and if your processes are tight shipping wouldn’t load any truck if it couldn’t report picking or deliver product in the shipment.     When your ready to allow the shipment to be shipped you could remove the customer order from credit block.

From the customer order you would RMB in the header of the customer order and choose manually block order.

Regards,

William Klotz