Question

Average Purchase Price Calculation

• 25 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, 

Does anyone really how Average Purchase Price is calculated? I know the theory, but cannot prove it in some cases of IFS values in Inventory Part/ Costs/ Average Purchase Price .  What i know are:

• Average Purchase price will follow the parameters that we put in the scheduled tasks, which is 60 days in our case, applied only for Primary supplier.
  • Average Purchase Price calculation will take only Received/Closed Purchase Order lines with the above time range into consideration.

Do know what i’m missing here?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @hazelms, I see below text from the online help regarding the “Primary Supplier” in Calculate Purchase Costs job.

“Note: If the primary supplier check box is selected in the Calulate Purchase Costs dialog, the calculation is performed only for the purchase parts with a primary supplier checked. Here the calculation will only consider the prices of purchases connected to the primary supplier. Also if the same check box is selected and if the purchase part does not have any primary suppliers, then the calculation will exclude such parts.”

Not sure whether this will provide any explanation for the differences you see. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

in adition to previously mentioned, first priority is purchases with matched invoices, second, it’s the purchase value. other than that, it is also considering purchase order charges connected to purchase order lines.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks @Ravinatha Ariyarathna and @JohannesWittwer 

Talking about the Primary Supplier checkbox, we use the task schedule like below. So i’m not sure if it means the system only take Primary suppliers to consideration, or i might have to add one more line in the parameter?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

In client it looks like this:

in Database Task, you need to add the parameter PRIMARY_SUPPLIER_

Then you need to recreate the scheduled database tasks, to define the primary supplier flag.

Possible values: TRUE or FALSE. Primary supplier defaults to “FALSE”, if not specified in the background job.

Johannes