Question

Automate register arrival-process

• 7 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

We have set up dynamic quality control so that the arrival case is set based on how many receipts in a row that is without rejections. So we get IFS to decide if the order line should be inspected or not due to historical quality performance. (Receive into arrival or Receive into arrival, inspect at arrival). So far so good. 

To fully benefit from this, we need the process to be automated:

• The second we have registered the arrival, I would like the label to be printed in a specific printer and the transport task to be generated and released.
  • Rows with inspection should get a label or something that says it has to be inspected.

so when we have registered the arrival, it should be clear where each pallet should go in the next step.

How can we automate this?

We use IFS 10.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @LundahlOskar ,

We use a custom event, custom logical unit and custom package to automatically print labels to a Zebra label printer using the Bartender software.  We developed a label template which is used by Bartender to merge the data to output the label.   The custom logical unit is where we place the data we wish to print including the printer and label template.  Bartender automation monitors the custom logical unit and when it sees an insert pulls the data and merges it and prints the label.  We use the custom event to kick off the process when we see the received state change to arrival or received.  We use the custom package to extract data from IFS and store it in the custom logical unit.  We also have some business logic in the custom package.

You could expand the custom  package to create a transport task and release it although we do not use transport task so I don't know the API.

I maybe able to share our custom package and custom logical unit layout if you wish.  I can check when I return to the office in the morning.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @LundahlOskar ,

We use a custom event, custom logical unit and custom package to automatically print labels to a Zebra label printer using the Bartender software.  We developed a label template which is used by Bartender to merge the data to output the label.   The custom logical unit is where we place the data we wish to print including the printer and label template.  Bartender automation monitors the custom logical unit and when it sees an insert pulls the data and merges it and prints the label.  We use the custom event to kick off the process when we see the received state change to arrival or received.  We use the custom package to extract data from IFS and store it in the custom logical unit.  We also have some business logic in the custom package.

You could expand the custom  package to create a transport task and release it although we do not use transport task so I don't know the API.

I maybe able to share our custom package and custom logical unit layout if you wish.  I can check when I return to the office in the morning.

Regards,

William Klotz

This seems to be a solution focused on the specific print and how to get it out. I want to automate the process and I now had a look at the specific document. We want the document for the transport task to be printed.

So pretty much when we have registered the arrival on a receipt with “Receive into arrival”, we want it to be received and print the document. No manual receive on the receipt, since the information is already from the arrival registration.

And for a receipt with the arrival case “Receive into arrival, Inspect at arrival” we want to enter the inspection results and then the same thing as above should happen. No manual receive on the receipt, since the information is already there from the arrival registration and inspection results.

So it kinda boils down to (a) getting rid of the receive-step (b) being able to automatically print the transport task document once it is created from the receipt (and select a specific printer).

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Sorry to bump this thread, but it is important for our process. Does anyone have any idea on how to

1. Getting rid of the receive-step (only register arrival or inspection result)
  2. Being able to automatically print the transport task document once it is created from the receipt (and select a specific printer).

Thankful for any help!