Question

Are customer delivery routes part specific?

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

From what I can tell, it looks like the customer delivery route comes from a combination of shipping site, customer address location, and ship via code.

Is there a way to also make this part specific?

For example, we have multiple parts shipping from one of our manufacturing site, to the same customer site, using the same ship via. Liquid parts ship on a route that is 7 days. Dry parts ship on a route that is 5 days. This effects all our our dates.

At this point, I have to pick the route that fits the majority of the parts. Which leaves the others with the incorrect route.

Customer service, can manually adjust the route at the time of order entry. However, I’d like to find a way to try to error proof this a bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Mike

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I think you can use the Supply Chain matrix for this purpose. Here you define route per customer and delivery address in the upper table. In the lower table you can define exceptions for group of parts. In my example below the normal route is DW with 1 day external transport lead time. The exception is for parts belonging to the group PAINT which has route 2W and lead time 7.

The part grouping used for this purpose is called Supply Chain Part Group and is maintained on the Inventory Part.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks. We have tried that, but it didn’t work. We’ll try it again.