Question

Multiple Decisions in one task possible ?

• 16 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I am trying to build a new Workflow Process with the Process Designer in assyst v11.5

I am not fully familiar with the Workflow expressions, and ho it can help me in aceiving this, but I have a vague idea how they work.

Anyways, in that workflow process, at some point, a Decision Task would be assigned to a specific SVD (support team) and the decision they will need to do has 2 more “sub-levels”

So, to summarize, that could be something like that:

1st Decision Task  = Select the “Level of approval” , let’s say between “Rejected, Level1, Level2 or Level3”

then the 2nd decision they neeed to make would be, if Level1 to 3 is selected, then decide if affected user can use “BYOD” or “Company Devices”

and last, 3rd decision would be, for each of the above choices, Decide if user can use “any type” of device, or “Phone Only” or “Computer Only”…

I know I could build something that would be “nested” and trigger those 3 different tasks, one after the other, in 3 different events, but I don’t find this very practical, because the target support team would have to deal with 3 different events every time they need to make those decisions. waiting for the next ones to be triggered, and that could take a couple minutes between each of them, depending on the answer provided on the previous decision task, etc...

Would there be a way to ask those 3 levels of question withing the same Decision task, without having to list a enormous list of possibilities in the decision tree
(For example, if I do that, the support team would have to choose one of those 19 possible answers)

• Request Denied 
  • Level 1 - BYOD - Phone and Computer
  • Level 1 - BYOD - Phone Only
  • Level 1 - BYOD - Computer Only
  • Level 1 - Cie Device - Phone and Computer
  • Level 1 - Cie Device - Phone Only
  • Level 1 - Cie Device - Computer Only
  • Level 2 - BYOD - Phone and Computer
  • Level 2 - BYOD - Phone Only
  • Level 2 - BYOD - Computer Only
  • Level 2 - Cie Device - Phone and Computer
  • Level 2 - Cie Device - Phone Only
  • Level 2 - Cie Device - Computer Only
  • Level 3 - BYOD - Phone and Computer
  • Level 3 - BYOD - Phone Only
  • Level 3 - BYOD - Computer Only
  • Level 3 - Cie Device - Phone and Computer
  • Level 3 - Cie Device - Phone Only
  • Level 3 - Cie Device - Computer Only

Each of these condition would trigger a slightly different sub-process…

Would anyone has a template similar to this complexity as an example?

and if possible, with some examples of where the Workflow expressions could become handy to solve my problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 reply

Badge +5

I would consider using lookup fields on a custom task form, and the tech could select whatever value(s) they need. Then you may be able to use dynamic task expressions to spawn the next task.