Solved

Modification of System Forms

• 4 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

My colleagues and I noticed some time ago that some system forms, such as the Building form, cannot be edited (at least from the customizer). Is there a workaround to this, or a way to modify it?

Similarly, is there a way to create custom lookups on tables that aren’t the Item, Cost Center, or Contact User tables? We haven’t found a way to do this yet, but it would prove very useful.

Our environment uses assyst 11.2.3.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Alan Macfarlane 17 August 2023, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

System forms cannot be edited but can be cutomized, to a degree (though not on the version you are on).

This is a new feature appearing with the new assyst UI (in v11.6 and up). We’re actively looking for input about what customers may want the application to do here, so I’d suggest you log the suggestion via the Ideas forum with your requirements. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

System forms cannot be edited but can be cutomized, to a degree (though not on the version you are on).

This is a new feature appearing with the new assyst UI (in v11.6 and up). We’re actively looking for input about what customers may want the application to do here, so I’d suggest you log the suggestion via the Ideas forum with your requirements. 

Hi Alan,

Could you please specify what you mean by “… cannot be edited but can be customized ...”?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Customize i.e. hide, reorder, rename fields etc. You can’t alter the design of a system form but can change how it appears to people. 

Key thing though: you need to be on a much newer version of assyst than you currently are to be able to use this feature. That is also true for lookups, 11.6 supports  18 types of custom look up for example (see https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Installation:Creating_System_Field_Lookup_Filters_Step_by_Step)

If you are looking for this sort of feature I would recommend you consider upgrading.