Question

Item auto-populating and shouldn't be

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a lookup filter expression in one of my forms --  “from item as Item where Item.product.productClass.shortCode in ('name of SVD', 'area')”

We recently upgraded to 11.5 and in this version, the Program/Area (renamed Item to Program/Area) is auto-populating and it shouldn’t be.  I would like to have it show blank on the assystNET form as well as in assystWEB.   This didn’t occur in our previous version 11.1

Is there a way to do that in this version?  I’m not sure why the upgrade changed it.

Thank you in advance

3 replies

Badge

I have a lookup filter expression in one of my forms --  “from item as Item where Item.product.productClass.shortCode in ('name of SVD', 'area')”

We recently upgraded to 11.5 and in this version, the Program/Area (renamed Item to Program/Area) is auto-populating and it shouldn’t be.  I would like to have it show blank on the assystNET form as well as in assystWEB.   This didn’t occur in our previous version 11.1

Is there a way to do that in this version?  I’m not sure why the upgrade changed it.

Thank you in advance

UPDATED / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, I do realize that in Service Designer we are required to add an item in the Default section and that is where it is coming from but in the older version, this did not show as default, it was blank.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

We had to use a holding item called “Please Select….” as a workaround here. The downside being that it does class as an item and so will not flag as a mandatory field if an end user does not change it.

Badge

This seems to be an 11.5 issue, so what I did to stop this, was to create a dropdown list (menu) instead of a search item.  This is our workaround and clients are happy with it.