Solved

How to remove menu options (left-hand side) for customized user alias in assystNET

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve created a user alias and need to restrict some of the service catalogues.  I created a customized homepage in assystNET to show only the service offering they will need.  (this is all because of privacy issues)

I’d like to remove the view of the services within the menu but if I can’t remove just one option, the whole menu is fine.  It should be based on the user alias I created.  Is there a way to do that?  If so, how?

icon

Best answer by Robert Wood 10 February 2023, 13:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Good Afternoon,

I believe you can remove the Services item from the left hand menu by removing the option for Service Catalogue in the licence role - licenced features section. 

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Badge

Hi Kevin, thanks for replying.  I’ve tried that and it does remove the option in the menu; however, it also removes all access to the forms,  including the 2 forms they need access to.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Christal, 

Service offering visibility to contact users is controlled via the contact user query profile associated with the service offering. If you only want these two offerings to be available for the contact user(s) then I'd create a CUQP that includes the users and then associate the CUQP with the two service offerings you’re looking to give them access to. 

You would also need to make sure that these users don’t belong to another CUQP that provides them access to other service offerings. You can check this on the contact user form, there’s a contact user query profile tab near the bottom.

This should avoid you having to hide the service catalog completely to achieve what you’re asking. 

Cheers,
Robert

Badge

Thank you Robert, your suggestion helped with what I was trying to do.