Solved

How can I create a login that works for both AssystNet and AssystWeb?

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My company has agents with Assyst User credentials that also need to be able to log into the Contact User service portal to submit tickets to other departments if needed.

Example: Building maintenance agents handle maintenance tickets but also need to be able to submit IT support tickets to the IT helpdesk in their own name.

Is there a way to have a single login that works as both a Contact User and an Assyst User? I have tried Aliasing and setting equivalent users, as well as poring over privilege settings and can find nothing.

icon

Best answer by Dimitri Husmann 7 June 2023, 19:37

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hi,

you can use the SAML authentication which will require one time login for your agents and they will be authenticated in both assystWEB & assystNET.

please note that this is a consultancy work/services that IFS can provide (chargeable work).

B.R

Mahmoud

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

we normally use a pre-fix for the assystNET users. You can define this prefix during the installation of assyst when you are adding your authentication provider. we normally use a prefix 'ad-’.
so if your network login is:
john.doe@company.com and you need to be able to login to both assystWeb and assystNeet you will need to create the users as follows:
for assystWeb shortcode: john.doe@company.com
for assystNet Login: ad-john.doe@company.com
and as said, in the installer you define the Contact User Prefix as ad-.

Dimitri

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

we normally use a pre-fix for the assystNET users. You can define this prefix during the installation of assyst when you are adding your authentication provider. we normally use a prefix 'ad-’.
so if your network login is:
john.doe@company.com and you need to be able to login to both assystWeb and assystNeet you will need to create the users as follows:
for assystWeb shortcode: john.doe@company.com
for assystNet Login: ad-john.doe@company.com
and as said, in the installer you define the Contact User Prefix as ad-.

Dimitri

Dimitri,

If we have already installed can we just run the installer again and add this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Alex,

yes you can re-run the installer. If you saved the installation file you can just enter this information.