Question

Handling Responses on Tasks

• 24 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 52 replies

How do you handle responses to/from users on Tasks? We don’t have the Advanced Event Monitoring license for our users, but we have many processes that involve sub tasks, such as a user termination workflow. When our workers process those tasks, they may try sending a message to the affected user for more info, etc. Of course, the affected user cannot respond to the ticket via AssystNet. 

How does your team handle this for those that do not have Advanced Event Monitoring enabled?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We sent out email notifications to an Affected User using SmartMail when a specific action has been taken on the event, within the base-config.lua file we have setup so that replies to specific SmartMails will then go to a dedicated mailbox which in turn is then read by the assystETM to add an action to the event.

This action then informs the assigned user/SVD via SmartMail that there has been a customer update on the ticket.

Badge +4

We copy actions, the affected user should be informed about, to the parent ticket. So the affected user can see this information in assystNET without having the advanced event monitoring. Also these actions on the parent ticket will send out an email notification to the affected user. 

When the affected user answers these requests (on the parent ticket), we copy this action to all tasks that are currently open (this seems to be the best solution for us).

Badge +5

We copy actions, the affected user should be informed about, to the parent ticket. So the affected user can see this information in assystNET without having the advanced event monitoring. Also these actions on the parent ticket will send out an email notification to the affected user. 

When the affected user answers these requests (on the parent ticket), we copy this action to all tasks that are currently open (this seems to be the best solution for us).

Hi @seb

If you don’t mind me asking - have you set this up via the Action Processor or via ETM?

Also, what tends to happen if the Service Request sits in the ‘Service Desk’ service department and the open task is in ‘Configuration’ for example? Does your method still work and apply the actioning user to the action when the action is transferred from the Task to the Service Request?

@jyork - Have you managed to resolve your issue with another method?

Badge +4

Hello @asutliff 

we set this up using action processor.

Regarding your example (I hope I understood):
The actioning user on the task will be different from the actioning user on the service request. 

The actioning user on the task will be the user of the action processor (normally a technical user).

The actioning user on the service request is of course the affected user that performed the action.

Regards, Sebastian

Badge +5

Thanks @seb 

That answers my query perfectly. I would be quite interested to what you did to handle this if you’d be willing to share.

We’re trying to combat an issue where we contact the user from a task a lot because the request is held in a different service department to where the task sits.

Badge +4

I sent a private message