Solved

Handling HTML defined components in Style Sheet

• 19 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I’m working on Styling self-service portal, I have some questions below and would appreciate a solution.

1. Need to change the "Favorites" sub-title to "My Favourites" just like how it is displayed in the menu, refer image-1 attached.
  2. Refer image-2 attached, (a) we need the boxes present on the below side in the image, to have outlines with color:

My Open Events - #3B86C7

My Decisions and Authorizations - #18A88A

My Reported Events - #F26B51

Major Incidents - #D91670

Just like the boxes present in the above in the image.

(b) And the images associated with the boxes should be changed to the images present in

the above. 

(c) Also, the text inside the boxes should be wrapped. i.e. 

My Open Events, My Decisions and Authorizations, My Reported Events, Major Incidents -                     should be wrapped. 

We are not able to make these modifications as we do not have access to the HTML and these styles are applied in HTML.

Thank you for your help in advance! 

icon

Best answer by jyork 21 April 2023, 17:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This worked for me:

Added the following CSS to the Styles for AssystNet:

h2#uniqName_66_1_title {
    visibility: hidden;
    position: relative;
    width: 75%
}

h2#uniqName_66_1_title:after {
    visibility: visible;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    content: "My Favorites";
    position: absolute;
}

Badge +3

Thanks for providing the information, Jyork. I would surely try adding this to CSS.

Badge +3

Hi @jyork 

We don’t have access to the HTML to change the text.

Can you also advise me on how to change the outline of the summaries into different colors:

My Open Events - #3B86C7

My Decisions and Authorizations - #18A88A

My Reported Events - #F26B51

Major Incidents - #D91670

We want the above colors to the below summaries.

Thank you for your effort in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I’m not sure I can answer that, our Assystnet does not look like that, so I don’t know what the HTML for those would be exactly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You could also look at adding a label (available in the Administration menu in assystWeb) to the assystNet configuration.

Installation:Labels Form - assyst11-6Wiki (axiossystems.com)

I find these fairly easy to find if you open the assystnet.properties file in notepad++ or a similar interface with ‘CTRL + F’ functionality.

For your example….

This will overwrite the native HTML I believe.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Weird, I searched the assystnet.properties file and could not find the word Favorites at all, which is why I did the CSS hack. I’ll have to check again, thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Weird, I searched the assystnet.properties file and could not find the word Favorites at all, which is why I did the CSS hack. I’ll have to check again, thanks. 

Mines on line 716 if that helps?

Badge +3

Thank you so much @Steve Miller . This worked for me.😃

Badge +3

You could also look at adding a label (available in the Administration menu in assystWeb) to the assystNet configuration.

Installation:Labels Form - assyst11-6Wiki (axiossystems.com)

I find these fairly easy to find if you open the assystnet.properties file in notepad++ or a similar interface with ‘CTRL + F’ functionality.

For your example….

This will overwrite the native HTML I believe.

Thank you so much @Steve Miller . This worked for me.😃