Question

Exposing attachments in workflow tasks to assystNet

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

assyst v11.4

Currently, when a Decision Task is received by an end user (via assystNet) they can go into the system and approve/decline the task.  For managerial authorizations (e.g. equipment or access requests) this is fine.  But when it comes to change requests that have a workflow the approver can’t see the attachments unless they are on the parent (“R”) ticket.  This is problematic because files such as test results can be buried in a UAT decision task.  So we are asking the approver to review a change request but they can’t see important documents such as test results or impact assessments.  We have trained our IT (assystWeb) users to attach documents to the parent ticket but often the UAT tasks are actually decision tasks completed by end users via assystNet.

Can the assystNet portal be modified to expose all attachments in the workflow regardless of where they are?  Otherwise, I believe we are nullifying the credibility of the approval.

If someone has a solution for this, I’m all ears!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello Rob,

You can log your suggestion to improve the Decision and attachments management in a workflow in the ideas area below. You will be able to engage directly with our Product Management team on this platform.  

This will also allow the customer community to see the suggestion and comment, vote on it.
https://community.ifs.com/ideas

Please make sure you enter then word ‘assyst’ in the Product area and the Tags fields before saving. 

Kind Regards,
Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This is an interesting idea. I’d go so far as to say it would be better to be able to choose which to expose or be able to vary by event type as sometimes I have technical attachments on a request that are not appropriate viewing for the end user.