Question

Execute ETM Datamapper Only Once

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, 

When processing an ETM input file with multiple records is it possible to kick off a a datamapper only once after the last record is processed? 

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Not sure about that, but if it’s processing a file, like a csv, could you make the last row of the CSV a “fake” row, maybe put some word in the first column, like “END” then set your datamapper with a conditional statement for that field so that if the value is “END” then do something else. On any of the parts of the datamapper that you want to run, just wrap them in an if statement, such as:

if (!inbound['columnname'] === "END") {
    do your thing here;
}

That way if the value of inbound[‘columnnam’] IS NOT “END”, it will do it’s thing. Then you can set up what you want to happen when the value IS “END” in other sections of the same datamapper.

Not sure if that would work or if my syntax is correct tho...

The file will be coming from an external party as an xls so I am not sure if we will have to ability to modify file before processing.  But if I can that is something that I can implement.  Thank you!

T

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I can’t think of a way of triggering a mapper off the back of another finishing. However, if this import is scheduled and is consistent in the time it takes to process then you could always look at running a supporting channel using a CRON expression.

Integrations:assystETM 1.6 - Channel Configuration - assyst11-6Wiki (axiossystems.com)