Question

ETM DataMapper Variable Search for Product from known Item

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Assyst ETM v 1.5

Can you please advise if it possible to have a datamapper that searches for a value from a table in the database based on a value in a .csv file, and then reference that later in the data mapper?

For example, we have a .csv file that is used to update Items within assyst, and that csv lists the Item shortcode.

What I would like to do is identify what the product of that Item is, and then further down the datamapper reference that Product when searching to update the product version from that specific product?

I need to do this, as there are a couple products that have the same Product Version in the cmdb, so when this datamapper runs it doesn’t know which product version to apply – so I need to configure the data mapper to target the correct product.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Chris,

If the goal is to update a Product Version based on a provided Item, the Item itself will contain the Product Version id value if it has one.

The following example uses a Variable assyst search to fetch the Item details using a short code value coming from inbound, and then the result of that in the Record to Update search for Product Version. Variable assyst searches always return a list, even if the search finds a single result, which is why variables.sourceItem[0] is used to refer to the first element in the list. 

Kind regards,

Stephen