Question

Contac User lookup filter failing on custom forms with large number of custom fields

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello all.

We have encountered an issue where a lookup filter expression on one of our custom forms is failing after adding some additional custom fields to the form. We know that the expression is valid as it is in use on numerous other forms, and was working up until we added the additional fields.

In assystNet, when clicking on the magnifying glass to bring up the contact user search, there is an error that the lookup failed.

The expression is:

select usr.id from usr as usr where usr.csg.shortCode = 'HEALTH' and usr.usr_flag1 = 'APPROVER'

According to IFS, there is no limit to the number of custom fields that can be on a form, however this issue occurrs after increasing the number of fields from 236 (expression works) to 239 (expression fails).

If we remove the filter expression from the field, the lookup works.

We have raised this issue with IFS but they have not been able to provide any guidance.

Has anyone else seen this or a similar issue, and if so, what was the resolution?

Thanks,

Duncan

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi,

can you try the following please:

select usr.id from usr as Usr where Usr.csg.shortCode = 'HEALTH' and Usr.usr_flag1 = 'APPROVER'

In the select statement you should always set the table alias to be different then the actual table name. In this case I just changed it to a capitol U.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

can you try the following please:

select usr.id from usr as Usr where Usr.csg.shortCode = 'HEALTH' and Usr.usr_flag1 = 'APPROVER'

In the select statement you should always set the table alias to be different then the actual table name. In this case I just changed it to a capitol U.

Hello. Thank yo for the reply, however it does not solve the issue. As I stated, we know that the expression we are using works, as it is in use elsewhere in our system and it works on this form if the total number of custom fiends is less than 236. The lookup is only failing when we increase the number of custom fields on the form to 237 or more.

Duncan