Solved

Configuring assign action type as email action for self service

• 1 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello.

I’d like to replace smart mail with email action for managing email templates and so on. I noticed that it works fine for actions starting from assyst Portal. However, I could not replicate such behavior for events logged from self service portal by end users. My guess is that when contact users are logging events, they do not select an email template. Nonetheless, if there’s something like a system parameter for such use case, I guess we’d be able to substitute Smart Mail with Email Actions.

Am I right or is there something else I should know?

icon

Best answer by Alan Macfarlane 2 August 2022, 10:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

assystNet doesn’t have a feature to automatically apply a template to an action, they are intended as template/guides to use which assyst users alter as required. So you are correct that the issue is there is no way for contact users to select these. There are REST methods which can be called to generate email for and action using a template for the purposes of integrations, however I don’t think that is your scenario here (correct me if I am wrong)? 

If this is a feature which is useful to you I’d encourage you to suggest it in our assyst Ideas area.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Alan Macfarlane 

Yeah, you got it right when you said that REST is not exactly my scenario.

I’ve submited the idea. Thanks for the recommendation!

Regards,

Otmar