Question

assyst/Microsoft Power Automate

• 31 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi - we are starting to look at Power Automate, and what it could do when it comes to assyst.

Is there anyone with experience using Power Automate and is able to share how they have used it to compliment/integrate with assyst, what they are using it for?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello Chris,

Whilst we await any suggestions from the community, please feel free to reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Caroline

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I have a bunch, but they are all very “hacky”. We were granted access to the On-Premise Data Gateway from IFS for our environment, but it doesn’t work as well as it should, as it doesn’t allow you to trigger based on when a new row is added to the table.

For example, I wanted to trigger a new power automate flow whenever a new knowledge procedure was added, but it wouldn’t work with the gateway, so I had to come up with my own workaround by querying the database at 2 hour intervals, adding any new KPs to a sharepoint list, then adding that new KP data from the sharepoint list to our teams week board (sharepoint site) as well as send a Teams message to all of our team members with a link to the new KP. 

I have power automate scripts that do the following:

• Weekly Survey Results - sends an email with all of the completed surveys for the previous week
  • Failed Survey Notification - sends an email to the service desk manager whenever a failed survey is submitted (any score less than 3 on any question). 
  • Get New Problem Tickets - anytime a new Problem ticket is generated, our Problem Manager receives a Teams chat message with a link to the ticket.
  • Get Tickets Older than 30 days - sends a daily email to support managers with a spreadsheet of all tickets that have been open for more than 30 days.
  • Untouched 3 Days - sends a daily email to support managers of all tickets that have not been actioned for more than 3 days.
  • Get KB Updates - Checks for new or modified KP submitted every 2 hours, adds KP data to sharepoint site and sends Teams message to all users with a link to the KP
  • Get Decision Tasks Over 2 Days - Sends an email reminder to the approver of a decision task if the task is over 2 days old.
  • Get Queue Counts - Sends a Teams message to team when a specific “queue” reaches a certain ticket threshold. 
  • Actions to Teams Message - Sends Teams Messages based on a number of different actions. For example:

Anytime a ticket is assigned to a specific queue, that team gets a Teams notification

Anytime the Problem Candidate action is taken on a ticket, the Problem Manager gets a Teams notification

Anytime we receive a specific ticket (IS Alerts/Communications - tickets to send emails to all company about current outages or upcoming maintenance) the team responsible for sending these messages is alerted on Teams.

Those are just some examples of what I’ve built so far, and my list just keeps growing. Hopefully in the future IFS will have some direct connections and triggers/actions for Power Automate so we don’t have to hand-create them.