Solved

AP Rule Based Upon Answer in Custom Field

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello All, 

I was wondering whether anybody had been able to build an Action Processor rule based upon a specific answer from a Custom Lookup?

If not does anybody have an alternative solution they have built?

icon

Best answer by MennovH 7 November 2022, 17:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Never had to do that Chris. I wouldn’t recommend it either as values used in the rules of the action processor would need to be added as additional variable to the action processor and would be retrieved for all actions even ones without the custom field on their parent call. 

You could trigger a SmartMail config file and retrieve the custom lookup value in the SmartMail config and then get SmartMail Rule Dispatcher to send email / update the call / take an action.

Or is the Custom Lookup on all events?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Menno, 

The Custom Lookup would be built on a specific assystNET form only and I would build the rule so it only comes into play upon the initial logging action of the ticket.

The options of the custom lookup would only be 2-3 max but I was hoping that each different selection could trigger a specific paired action.

I will take a look at using the Rule Despatcher as you have suggested.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Chris,

attached is an example of a SmartMail Rule Dispatcher files that runs extra sql and then takes an action against a call (in this case the parent event as they are task related).