Solved

Action Template Event Link

• 10 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible to include the link of the event in question in an Action Template? I’ve tried many things but it does not seem to work for different reasons. Here are some things that I have tried:

1. Pasting the link in the template’s description and modifying the link’s event id with the current [EVENT_ID] value.
  2. Using the Action Template’s built-in text formatting URL. For the link here I used the same formatting as in #1. 

Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by marika0992 10 May 2023, 17:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Do you have access to these substitution keyworks in your version?

Ticket link substitution keywords

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

you can create a substitution keyword with the following code:

<vtl>#set($eventLink = "https://<url>/assystnet/application.jsp#events/")</vtl>

<a href="$eventLink$new.event.formattedReference"><b><span style="color: blue; font-size: 10pt; text-decoration: none;">LINK</span></b></a>

And then add it to your action template.

Hope it helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Unfortunately I do not have access to the substitution keywords suggested by Steve Miller in my version of assyst (or at the very least I do not see them). We are currently on assyst 11.2.3.

The code provided by Marika also gets me an error. I get the following: Lexical error, Encountered: "q" (113), after : "&" at *unset*[line 1, column 308]. I also tried simplifying the code but that did not help.

Any idea what is happening here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I think that you don’t have permissions to see the substitution keywords, in any case where did you put my code?

You can try also to write inside the email template this thing:

https://<url>/assystnet/application.jsp#events/$new.event.formattedReference

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I did find this discontinued in our system. I don't know if it will be of any help?

Other NET Ticket Link - Substitution Keyword

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@marika0992 I put the code in the Description part of the Action template. I tried the email template you just sent and that did work. It seems the Action Template is not processing the html and vhl code. Is that a setting that needs to be enabled? Or perhaps I am inputting this in the wrong place…

@Steve Miller Well it helps since I wasn’t aware I was able to edit the keywords 🤣

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The code I sent you in my first comment you have to put it inside the substitution keyword not in the action template.

The one you put in the screenshot can be helpful, if it still doesn’t work I would be curious to see a screenshot of your email template.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

So yes I realized that was my error as I went through different options haha. So I made a new Substitution Keyword with a variant of the code you sent me and it worked out. Thanks!