Question

Resource ID wise costing for work order

• 17 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear All,

In EAM/ESM Solution we define resource group and configure data in Resource navigator. We add person id’s for identified resource groups in resource navigator as well. Cost is defined at resource group level in APPS 10.

In one of my project, customer is managing facilities management services where work involved is pest control activity or daily/weekly facilities maintenance. Often IFS Client (were we are implementing IFS) needs to give a Service Quotation for Call off jobs (jobs not linked to service contract and will be as an when required basis) to their customer. Here requirement is say service engineers cost has to be planned in service quotation then the cost linked to resource group linked will be fetched. But practically the salary of each service engineer will be different and they want to calculate personnel cost based on cost of resource id and not on cost of resource group. Conditions like salary hikes, resignations will also be cost constraints to be considered here. This is required to arrive on the exact personnel cost instead of average cost defined on the resource group.

Is there a way we can define the cost on resource id and use it on service quotations and work orders ?

Only option i can see here is to define all the employees as resource group itself :) and define a custom event to pass the value whenever there are changes to cost field from HR/Payroll side towards the cost field against resource group in resource navigator. But problem with this crazy idea is that there will be lot of resource group data in application.

Please let know your view. Thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Srinivas ,

Just to do a small addition to your solution , if you can define a Custom Object to hold the Cost of each maintenance Employee (Resource) in Resource Details Tab and push it to the Quotation Cost with a Custom event when Resource is updated in the Quotation Line … I believe you will get rid of building up huge number of Resource Groups . 

Cheers !!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Dear All,

In EAM/ESM Solution we define resource group and configure data in Resource navigator. We add person id’s for identified resource groups in resource navigator as well. Cost is defined at resource group level in APPS 10.

In one of my project, customer is managing facilities management services where work involved is pest control activity or daily/weekly facilities maintenance. Often IFS Client (were we are implementing IFS) needs to give a Service Quotation for Call off jobs (jobs not linked to service contract and will be as an when required basis) to their customer. Here requirement is say service engineers cost has to be planned in service quotation then the cost linked to resource group linked will be fetched. But practically the salary of each service engineer will be different and they want to calculate personnel cost based on cost of resource id and not on cost of resource group. Conditions like salary hikes, resignations will also be cost constraints to be considered here. This is required to arrive on the exact personnel cost instead of average cost defined on the resource group.

Is there a way we can define the cost on resource id and use it on service quotations and work orders ?

Only option i can see here is to define all the employees as resource group itself :) and define a custom event to pass the value whenever there are changes to cost field from HR/Payroll side towards the cost field against resource group in resource navigator. But problem with this crazy idea is that there will be lot of resource group data in application.

Please let know your view. Thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas

HI,

have you checked if you can use sales part line planning to do this?

Br.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dears,

My present project team member found solution for this.

In HR side we can setup the standard cost per employee in ‘Standard Costs’ window. We can have visibility on individual cost when assigned to work order. This is only applicable for actual cost of work order when time reported but we cannot analyze during planning stage of work order. This option is not useful during service quotation stage as well as it is just initial stage in service management and actual cost will be recorded when time is reported.  

Regards,

Srinivas J T