Question

WorkTask Cost not accepting right decimal input

• 17 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all.

Could someone explane why the system is not accepting the 2 decimal input in “Report Manual Trasaction” in Cost tab, it shows a different decimal.

I’m trying to input the cost 439,22 and after save, it shows 439,21.

What do I need to do to fix this? is there any parameter?

I’m using Apps10UPD17

Br.

Lopes

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

In the planning the cost amount is a calculated column from the saved quantity and unit cost.

On the transaction the unit cost is a calculated column from the saved quantity and cost amount.

The cost retrieval from things like Resources, material, purchase parts, etc. is always per unit, so that is then also applied to planning manual Expense and External planning.

Then for the reporting the cost amount is calculated, rounded according to accounting currency, and saved on the transaction and used for accounting, so this is the actual amount used in GL.

/Hans

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

In the planning the cost amount is a calculated column from the saved quantity and unit cost.

On the transaction the unit cost is a calculated column from the saved quantity and cost amount.

The cost retrieval from things like Resources, material, purchase parts, etc. is always per unit, so that is then also applied to planning manual Expense and External planning.

Then for the reporting the cost amount is calculated, rounded according to accounting currency, and saved on the transaction and used for accounting, so this is the actual amount used in GL.

/Hans

Hi, Thanks for your time and explanation. Is it possible to set the Report manual transaction to consider per unit, not accounting currency? or another workaround to fix it? or is there any parameter in account currency that I can modify this?

Br.

Lopes