Question

Work Task Does Not Exist

• 6 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

When I am trying to Finish a work task in Work Done status, we are getting an error saying The Work Task does not exist.  Bug or user error?  Has not happened before.  Only this work order.

Cloud 22R1

5 replies

Userlevel 7

It sounds like a bug, but it could also be caused by custom configuration.  Can you open the Chrome Dev Tools (use F12 on your keyboard) and then re-create the error. Go to the network tab (top row, 1), click on the red line (left side table, 2) and copy the full error from the response tab (3), and paste it here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

There is no error in Dev Tools.  The only two lines that are initiated when trying to close that work task is pictured below.  Responses for each below the image.

{"@odata.context":"https://petelien.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/WorkTaskHandling.svc/$metadata#Edm.Decimal","value":"0"}

--batch_10d8a199-0c56-4eeb-b185-d06190405f0b
Content-Type: application/http
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
OData-Version: 4.0
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 204

{"error":{"code":"DATABASE_ERROR","message":"Database error occurred. Contact administrator.","details":[{"code":20111,"message":"ORA-20111: JtTask.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Work Task does not exist."}]}}
--batch_10d8a199-0c56-4eeb-b185-d06190405f0b--

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Unless there is a customization there, or as Andre says a custom field, custom event or similar, it sounds like a bug and I think you should report it to our support. In order to fix it we would need a way to recreate the problem though, so if you can see anything with this work task that is different from others, it would help (or you need to let our support team have a look in your environment.)

It might also help if you enable the log window where we can see some of the server calls that is made.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Was there a fix for this issue because we are experiencing the same issue.

best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I found the solution to this issue (at least for my problem which I think is similar). The Work order was still linked to Maintenance Material Requests.

So what probably happened:

- user created Work Order + Work Task and made some material lines in status Released; This created the Maintenance material Requisition.

- Then the user decided he did something wrong and deleted the part lines from the Work Task but the lines kept existing on the MMR because it was already Released.

- The user went evne further and deleted the Work Task itself. Now we have a WO with no Work Task but we do have a MMR that is linked to the WO and a (non existing) Work Task.

So when we try to finish/delete the WO, IFS will know there is a MMR linked that he also wants to close but the work task is no longer present - hence the error ‘Work Task Does not exist’. 

Solution: Go to the MMR, search for WO No, see if you have any results, delete the unused MMR, after that you can delete/finish the Work order.

greetings

Roel