Solved

Work Order Criteria Generation error

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

When I try to generate with Work Order Criteria Generation from this screen 

I’m getting the following error details. 

I notice that it’s traying to generate also Calendar based WO. And below, I’m getting status of unfinished WO.

Does someone have an explanation? 

Great thanks

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 26 April 2024, 11:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Regarding “ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero”, may I know which cloud version you are testing in ?

I ask because we have a fix for a similar error in below versions.

IFS Fixed Version:

22.1.25 - 22R1 SU25

22.2.18 - 22R2 SU18

23.1.11 - 23R1 SU11

23.2.4 - 23R2 SU4

24.1E.0 - 24R1 EA

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Regarding “Unfinished work order already exists” error, may I know whether the option “Performed date based” is enabled in your PM Action ?

If yes, this is the reason for the error message.

As of the Standard Functionality of the "Performed Date Based" field of a PM Action:
If this is set to "YES" the planned start date of the next work order will be based on the actual finished date of the previous finished work order. That means if the work task created from the previous work order is not finished (work done), next work order will not be created as there is no basis to create the new work order. As a response, a warning message will be shown in the Background Job when "Work Order Calendar Generation" job is performed.
Background Job Description: "Work Order Calendar Generation."
Background Job Warning Message: "Unfinished work order already exists in the PM Action <PM NO> Revision <Revision No>.

Hope this clarifies the issue. To avoid this error and to get a new work order created, please finish/set work done, the previously created work task.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Thilini Kumarasinghe 

Thank for you fast reactivity. I really appreciate.

Here is the actual version of a UAT I perfom test: 

I have another question : Why on another and lower version (CFG) I don’t have this issue.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Andryis 

You are most welcome and glad to be of help.

The reason for the issue not being recreated in a lower version can be due to data differences as well.

Initially once this error was reported, it was technically investigated, and found the error raised in below-mentioned function, especially when "interval_" is set to zero.

Technical findings :
-------------------------
This issue getting in Pm_Calendar_Plan_API , FUNCTION Cal_Overdue_Percent when getting interval_ as zero,

percent_ := 100 + (site_date_ - planned_date_)/interval_ *100;

Therefore my guess is if the issue is not re-created, it might be due to differences in data.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Thilini Kumarasinghe 

I wanted to check data differences to be sure of the necessity of a fix. And I discover that on one site (10) it works without error and on site (20) the same error recurs.

Can you give me some orientations on what and where I should check.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Andryis,

Sure.

This issue occurs when there exist multiple plan lines with the same due date in the PM Action, Maintenance plan tab (same date, time, planned week etc).

Therefore, the reported issue arises when the date difference or interval gap becomes zero. 

Technical information:
----------------------------
This issue occurs when calling the method `Pm_Action_Calendar_Plan_API` in the procedure `Gen_Overdue_Values` and when calling the below function `Update_Overdue_Values_Cond`.

This function calls another function, `Cal_Overdue_Percent`, which is available in `Pm_Calendar_Plan_API`. The reported issue arises due to the `interval_` value becoming zero.

In this context, the cursor checks the `GEN_DATE` or due date in the PM Action maintenance plan tab. When these values become equal or null, the `interval_` value is set to zero in the code.

----------------------------

However, to check whether the above condition is true, you will need to identify the exact PM Action/s that are causing the issue.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Thilini Kumarasinghe You are great. 

Can I state the Data difference between the two servers is the issue of my initial post. A fix on SU3 version will not fix anything.

Best regards 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Thilini Kumarasinghe Hello!

I’ve filtered all MP with DUE_DATE NULL and all MP with GEN_DATE equal to DUE_DATE. 

As It’s difficult to add/modify due date, If the PM actions state become obsolete, does it eliminate the problems?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m afraid I cannot confirm that without an investigation @Andryis .So may be you can try by obsoleting the relevant PM Action and whether it works.

However, kindly note that from the fix provided in 23R2 SU4 version, this issue should be solved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Thilini Kumarasinghe You are right, obsoleting  PM actions eliminate just the WARNING lines in status windows.

I hope that the fix will solve this issue. 

King regards