Skip to main content
Solved

tool time report from the engineer portal

• 9 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello

If the resource is a person, from the start date to the completion date the system calculates the order and creates a sales line, this makes it perfect.

If the resource is a tool, the system has the option to start and complete, but it does not produce a sales line, I need to bill the time of use of the resource, just as it does with the person resource.

The only option to generate sales lines is to go to the section within the engineering portal called tools and equipment and record the time manually. (We do not want to do it through this step because it is more work for the technician and we already have a start and end date of the resource)

The system takes the start time, when the job starts

The system takes the start and end date

From the task I can record the hours of use with that option and these go to the sales lines

Should this work better automatically, taking the start time (start Work) and the end time (complete) from the resource card, what configuration should I do to make it work that way

In itself, I need to be able to create the sales line for the use of the tool from the engineer portal, taking the start and end date as it does with the person resource.

It works very well with Resourse: Person but the same does not apply with Resourse: tools.

IFS Cloud Web version: 23.2.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ereslk  @shaflk  Do you have any thoughts around this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Miguel,

Generating Time Reports automatically along with Status changes (through clockin - clockout) is only enabled for Person Resources.

Normally tools are used to perform a task thus has not been identified as a common practice to track the tool usage through status changes.

It is possible to use the Reporting > Quick Report option in IFS Cloud Web to report time against the Tool Equipment  which creates a cost line and a sales line.

Best Regards

Eresha

Badge +3

Hi,

Through this view can I automatically add cost and sales lines for the use of tools within the task?

Or the procedure would be to have the information in this view and then do it manually within the task.

The machine is a tool that we charge to the client from the moment the operator presses the start and end button.

thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

hi Miguel,

It is not Quick Reports as the screenshot you have attached. It is in Work Task > Assignments tab > Reporting > Quick Report.

Once you report through this it creates a Cost line and if the Work Task has a Customer defined it will automatically create a Sales line as well.

You should specify the hours that the machine/tool has been in use.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Badge

Hi Miguel,

Generating Time Reports automatically along with Status changes (through clockin - clockout) is only enabled for Person Resources.

Normally tools are used to perform a task thus has not been identified as a common practice to track the tool usage through status changes.

It is possible to use the Reporting > Quick Report option in IFS Cloud Web to report time against the Tool Equipment  which creates a cost line and a sales line.

Best Regards

Eresha

Hi Eresha,

Clock in and Clock out functionality works for the tools resources as well. When you assign the tool and do the status changes, it will fetch the time reports.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun