Question

Suggestions - Client wants visibility to assets that are in service - globally

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

IFS has multiple asset related tools.  Looking for suggestions on the following.  

I can’t get into details else you will know the client. 

Client has a vision for the future, where they have visibility to all assets, the content / configuration of all assets.  Assets can be located globally.  Assets would be owned by the client as well as owned by other agencies.  Number of assets would be large, probably several hundreds of thousands. 

Vision is the ability to know the configuration of an asset before a service technician steps on site for a repair or enhancement. 

Part of the business is managing these assets in terms of service, upgrades, repairs.  Knowing the configuration of all these assets would be very helpful for increasing up time (consider most assets as critical to the safety operation).  

Suggestions would be very helpful, I have my ideas, but that’s just based on what I already know. 

This will be for a future effort, so this would include IFS Cloud version / not limited to apps 10. 

Best regards

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Thomas,

It is a bit difficult to respond based on the information given, but one follow up question would be if the client also would require the ability to control the configuration of the assets, i.e. make sure that they are correct.

If so, the Fleet and Asset Mgmt solution could be an option,  It might however be easier to discuss this on a call.  Feel free to ping me on Teams if you would like to discuss.

Geir Sigve