Solved

Preventive maintenance scheduled outside of working hours

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi all !

My customer (in IFS Cloud) has some preventive maintenance activities that need to be scheduled and executed outside of working hours, ie during night time or during week-ends.

I thought I could use the calendar that can be linked to a PM Action.

But I saw in another post on this Community that this calendar is designed to add exceptions to the main calendar, which is used to define planned date and time in the maintenance plan.

The main calendar being the one linked to the maintenance organization associated with the PM Action.

Is there a way to set up the system so that, for some PM Actions, the maintenance plan occurrences are scheduled outside of working hours (or according a different calendar than the one linked to the maintenance organization) ?

NB : it is not possible to create a different maintenance organization for “work outside working hours” because the employees would be the same in both organization.

Have you already encountered this type of requirement ?

Any idea on how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Lénaïc

icon

Best answer by LenaicDAVID 17 May 2022, 08:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Lenaic,

You can add different calendar to Calendar field like below screenshot

Then your maintenance plan occurrences are scheduled outside of working hours. 

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Lenaic,

1. First you should create a calendar as you expected.

1. Add the calender to your PM action
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @LenaicDAVID ,

I hope above answer :arrow_right:@Kushan Jayasinghe’s answer won’t help to your question. Therefore, I tried to add the weekend plan to the maint. calendar and tried to regenerate the plan. My expection was to create plan for weekdays (8am- 5pm) and weekends (Fri 9pm-Mon 6am). I didn’t work. So I added exception and regenerate the Maint. Plan. It gives errors. Moreover, I tried this in Apps10 as well but this didn’t work. 

Cheers,

Kushan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi all,

Thanks for your insights.

I found a way to deal with that requirement. 

This is how :

I created a calendar with 24/7 working hours to link to the Maintenance Organization.

Then I created 2 calendars : one with normal working hours and one for “outside working hours”, ie night time and week-ends.

This way I can associate one of these 2 calendars to the PM Actions, and even to the Work Task Templates if I want to automate the creation of PM Action through PM Program.

Kind regards,

Lénaïc