Skip to main content

Hi,

I have read a few whitepapers on portfolio management from IFS. However I have never seen any practical demos or system setup showcasing a solution.

Most companies probably run an external tool. So do we but this is not to our satisfaction. Our portfolio management is basically running a spreadsheet managing a portfolio of billions of SEK and a very large number of inititiatives.

We are trying to find a solution within IFS. Any experiences or advice would be most welcome.

Best Regards

Anders

Hi Anders,

In IFS the project grouping like Program, Category 1/2 are usually used for portfolio management. With supporting lobbies for effective Portfolio management. I don't know which version you are running on (whether lobbies are an option or not). It is also possible to create dependencies between projects seeing the links between the projects. 

When I get the request for portfolio management is more a request for an overall look over all the projects connected to a certain group. 

Thanks for your reply! We’re upgrading to apps 10 so lobbies will be available to us. We can probably work something out in the direction of your suggestions. 

Anders