Solved

PM ACTION VALID FROM FIELD

• 11 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all.

Could someone please clarify the logical of the valid from field in pm action?

My situation is:

I have a pm action tha was created 09/08/2020 with the same valid from date.

The pm action is using a work task template.

Now, the user has created another revision of the work task template and set the valid from date to the same as before 09/08/2020.

Hi all.

Could someone please clarify the logical of the valid from field in pm action?

My situation is:

I have a pm action that was created 09/08/2020 with the same valid from date.

The pm action is using a work task template.

The pm action is in interval 180 days. Considering the performed date based: Yes

Now, the user has created another revision of the work task template and set the valid from date to the same as before 09/08/2020.

After activate and Replace Obsolete Revision on PM Actions, the valid from field of the new revision on pm action has assumed the actual sysdate (11/10/2021), not the valid from date that has been set in the work task template.

The problem is, with the actual date in valid from, the maintenance plan has changed the due date.

E.g.: 

My last maintenance done was 05/21/2021.

The next one should be in 11/21/2021.

But the system has calculated the next one to 04/29/2022 considering the new valid from date 11/10/2021.

If I uncheck the revision control and change the valid from date of the pm action to 09/08/2020, the maintenance plan goes back the correct due date.

I thing the system must assume the valid from date of the work task template since the replace obsolete function is used.

Hope was clear with explanation.

Tks a lot.

After activate and Replace Obsolete Revision on PM Actions, the valid from field of the new revision on pm action has assumed the actual sysdate, not the the that has been set in the work task template.

The problem is, with the actual date in valid from, the maintenance plan has changed the due date.

E.g.: 

My last done maintenance was 

Hope was clear with explantion.

icon

Best answer by Dilani 19 November 2021, 08:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Valid From: The date the PM revision is valid from. The system's date is displayed by default when creating a new PM Action or revision. Then you can change it accordingly.

Best Regards,

Nipun

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Valid From: The date the PM revision is valid from. The system's date is displayed by default when creating a new PM Action or revision. Then you can change it accordingly.

Best Regards,

Nipun

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne , tks for attention.

My problem is as I run the Replace Obsolete Revision on PM Actions function, don’t you think the system should consider the valid date of the work task template revision?

Since the new pm action revision is created from that?

Tks

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Best Regards,

Nipun

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne , tks for attention.

My problem is as I run the Replace Obsolete Revision on PM Actions function, don’t you think the system should consider the valid date of the work task template revision?

Since the new pm action revision is created from that?

Tks

Hi,

Using the ValidFrom date of Template while directly generating the PM Action makes sense. But While replacing a revision I don’t think it can use ValidFrom the Work Task Template as one PM Action can be connected to multiple Work Task Templates. Therefore I feel it’s correct that it is keeping the ValidFrom to usual standard of creating a revision.

Please note that it is a Replace of the obsolete Task Template connection, it is not an generation of a new PM Action. It is creating new revision simply because it cannot connect the new Active revision to a PM with revision control set to on.

Regards,

Dilani

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dilani , tks for the info.

It makes sense once one PM Action can be connected to multiple Work Task Templates.

But, in this situation that I updated just the checklist in work task template and I want to keep the same maintenance plan of the previous pm action revision.

Is there any idea how I can handle it?

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Dilani , tks for the info.

It makes sense once one PM Action can be connected to multiple Work Task Templates.

But, in this situation that I updated just the checklist in work task template and I want to keep the same maintenance plan of the previous pm action revision.

Is there any idea how I can handle it?

Br.

Lopes

Hi Lopes,

For my knowledge Replace Obsolete Revision on PM is an option to do bulk modify without violating existing functionality. 

If we look at what you have to do manually to achieve your requirement would be:

•  Either create a new revision and back date it then and then Activate it
  •  Set revision control to off and delete connection and add again

Therefore only workaround I could think of is setting the Active PM revisions to revision control off before running Replace Obsolete Revision on PM. As now the system has proper rights to delete Obsolete WTT from an Active PM and attach new it will perform the action without creating a new revision. Therefore PM details will remain same. 

I feel your issue is old maintenances will not be considered to the plan unless ValidFrom is back dated. I don’t know a way to achieve that without backdating.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dilani ,  You’re right.

I think this is the way to follow and solve the situation.

Tks for the explanation and attention more one time.

Br.

Lopes