Question

Part not in Inventory Part in stock screen

• 6 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a problem with a part that is created in IFS by Novacura Flow software. It creates the Inventory part but it is not appearing in Inventory Part in Stock. A user wants to receive it in to a shop order (in the “Inventory Receipt” tab in “Receive Shop Order”; see screen cap below) but it can’t do that unless the part is in the Inventory Part in Stock screen.

The one I have in the screen cap below is just one but there are others.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have a problem with a part that is created in IFS by Novacura Flow software. It creates the Inventory part but it is not appearing in Inventory Part in Stock. A user wants to receive it in to a shop order (in the “Inventory Receipt” tab in “Receive Shop Order”; see screen cap below) but it can’t do that unless the part is in the Inventory Part in Stock screen.

Hi Jdoherty

In order to get this part shown in 'inventory part in stock’, it must have stock. Soon after inventory part is created (by Novacura), you will not get any records under inventory part in stock. You must have/receive stock for this part.

I hope above helps you.

Regards,

Roshan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Jdoherty

In order to get this part shown in 'inventory part in stock’, it must have stock. Soon after inventory part is created (by Novacura), you will not get any records under inventory part in stock. You must have/receive stock for this part.

I hope above helps you.

Regards,

Roshan

Yes but how do I receive in/add stock to this part? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is something not complete about the question and the understanding of the part setup.  Either that or the user doesn’t understand how to finish and receive a shop order.

When Novacura creates the part, is it created as a manufactured item that will be created with a shop order as a parent?

Does that item have a Product Structure with children?

Or is the part intended to be a purchased item that is then later issued as  child item to another existing item on the shop order?

The screen you show that is Receive Shop Order is used to receive the parent item which should only be done when all of the child items are issued and the operation steps are reported - or the Backflush tick box is used to backflush.  In any case though, the + button has to be clicked first in order to create the row to do the receive operation.

I don’t believe having the Inventory Part In Stock quantity is a pre-requisite unless the item added is a child item that needs issued.  If that is the case, then the Receive Shop Order isn’t necessarily the right place to start.

Please provide more details about the Part Type, Product Structure, and hierarchy of the new part created compared to the part intended to be received.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Jdoherty

I hope above helps you.

Regards,

Roshan

Yes but how do I receive in/add stock to this part? Thank you.

Hi,

It depends on how you plan to take parts to shop orders. You can simply use receive inventory parts client to get some parts to inventory or use a purchase order to receive them. But if you are using any material planning options such as mrp/ms then i think better you stick to them and generate the required purchase requisitions from them.

Regards,

Roshan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jdoherty ,

For me the issue is not clear yet. Do you get an error while receiving the Shop Order, or you just cannot receive it?

In case you get an error, you can yeck if there exist a pegging on the part you want to receive. I had a similar issue for which a Purchase Order was connected to a Project Activity and a pegging exists for Work Order material which was not connected to the same project. This should not be possible in IFS, but once in a while it happend. Solution is to undo the pegging, then you can receive the Shop Order. 

Hope this helps you out,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I managed to resolve this and ShawnBerk is correct; having an Inventory Part In Stock quantity is not a pre-requisite for adding the part to the “Receive In” screen. 

There were a few other tables where the part was incorrectly named or missing completely and once I updated those everything was OK.