Solved

Object levels create WO or PM action not possible

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All, I need to eneble a object level to create WO and PM but I’m getting the message bellow.

I have just two objects created using this level and now i need to enable it.

Why Am I getting this message? I don’t understand because I have no WO or PM action created for them.

Tks for helping.

icon

Best answer by lopespetro 25 March 2022, 02:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

I’m not sure on which track that you test this? I have tried it in APP10 which work fine for me. In other words it is possible to enable the check boxes as long as there are NO PM or Work Orders. 

I can confirm it by the code as well. Please refer the below image,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I’m not sure on which track that you test this? I have tried it in APP10 which work fine for me. In other words it is possible to enable the check boxes as long as there are NO PM or Work Orders. 

I can confirm it by the code as well. Please refer the below image,

Hi @Mayura Wasantha , tks for the info.

I’m in APPs 10 UPD8 production and UPD14 test.

Here is the same code:

I don’t understand why the system is not letting me change this option since there is no pm or wo for this level.

There is pm and wo for the childs bellow this level?

may this have impact in this function?

tks for help

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

We have received a case- (Asset management team) for similar issue from another customer and we will look into this and update you as well. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

We have received a case- (Asset management team) for similar issue from another customer and we will look into this and update you as well. 

Hi @Bimsara Geethachapa , Thanks for the info.

Waiting for your feedback.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @lopespetro ,

Hope you are doing good. :)

To get some more understanding of the issue, can you check in the DB if there are any connected PMs, WOs(Historical and Active), Work Tasks, Task Steps for all of the objects of the above 2 object levels?

Attaching the SQL queries for your reference ( queries.txt ) 

Thank you,

Deshan

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

Hope you are doing good. :)

To get some more understanding of the issue, can you check in the DB if there are any connected PMs, WOs(Historical and Active), Work Tasks, Task Steps for all of the objects of the above 2 object levels?

Attaching the SQL queries for your reference ( queries.txt ) 

Thank you,

Deshan

Hi @deshan.ekanayake , tks for the info.

I checked and there is no record for all of them.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Bimsara Geethachapa , any news about it?

Tks a lot!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Lopes,

I tried different flows, but any of them were not success! waiting for customer environment access to check the issue further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Lopes,

I tried different flows, but any of them were not success! waiting for customer environment access to check the issue further.

Hi @Bimsara Geethachapa , tks for the feedback.

Hope you can find a solution for it.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@deshan.ekanayake, @Bimsara Geethachapa  Hi both,

I see small issue in Exist_Pm_For_Object_Level and Exist_Wo_For_Object_Level methods. object_level could be null in the EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_TAB and there is no null check in the cursor while doing the check. May be that is creating this mess for customer as he might be having serial objects connected to PM/WO?

Best Regards,

Dilani

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@deshan.ekanayake@Bimsara Geethachapa  Hi both,

I see small issue in Exist_Pm_For_Object_Level and Exist_Wo_For_Object_Level methods. object_level could be null in the EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_TAB and there is no null check in the cursor while doing the check. May be that is creating this mess for customer as he might be having serial objects connected to PM/WO?

Best Regards,

Dilani

Had a further discussion regarding this. Not checking null is not an issue here since it cannot be set to null from this client itself. Sorry for misleading :( 

Best Regards,

Dilani

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

Using this query, I’ve found a workorder without object.

Meybe the user created the WO, used the object with the respective level, and removed the object another time. But I think even removing the object, the system considered as a WO created for the level.

Luckly the WO was just workrequest, I could delete it and then was able to check the pm action and wo flag in object level.

Maybe this is the same situation for the other customer.

Hope it helps and tks for the attention of everyone.