Solved

object id is missing in the automatic generated work orders

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi everyone ,

I was having a query basically on the rule ID concept. the scenario here is work orders are generated without Object ID. and the PM is connected to the Rule id.

so just wanted to confirm this, is this the functionality that if the PM is connected to Rule id then object id will not flow on the work order OR I am missing something? 

thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 6 July 2023, 17:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hashmit,

Kindly note that in previous version of IFS Application, for example App 9, 8 etc, the connection was between the work order and the PM Action maintenance plan line. But from App 10 onwards, work task concept was introduced and work order is there only to hold the work tasks and the actual work is done from the work task itself. Therefore if a work order is generated from the PM Action, the direct relationship is between the work task and the PM Action maintenance plan line and not with the work order.

Therefore can you please check the work task generated ? It should have the object ID fetched from the PM Action.

This will be the same for  work orders created from “Grouped” PM Actions and “Grouping rule” ones.

However, if you have used “Group and merge” functionality, then the object id will be fetched in the work task step.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Thilini Kumarasinghe thank you for the response,

yes, the work task is generated and it is with the object id, however, my question here is that there are other auto-generated WO orders that also are generated with object id, in these which are without object id I noticed those are connected with rule id therefore I was curious if this is causing this issue or I am mistake or is there any other cause for missing object id in WO .

BR 

BT