Question

Not possible to use the RMB option “Scrap Parts at Supplier” when an active work order exists

• 28 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It is not possible to use the RMB option “Scrap Parts at Supplier” from a PO line for an object connected part when an active work order exists.

Prerequisites

• Create an inventory part and create a supplier for purchase part record for the same.
  • Allow external services for the same.
  • Create an object and connect to an inventory part.

Test Plan

1. Create a WO and enter above created object id.
  2. Create a task and add a return line for the part connected to the object.
  3. Receive the serial to the inventory.
  4. Create a requisition with order code 6 from the WO and create the PO.
  5. Release the PO and send the serial to supplier through the component CO.
  6. Return to the PO line and RMB, select Options for External Service Orders -> Scrap Parts at Supplier.
  7. You will get the error message, “There are active work order connected to equipment object”.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

As far as I know, this issue existed in App8 but App9. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HoiIndikW ,

Could you please let us know the IFS application version which you used?
If it is APPS8 track, Yes as Kushan mentioned  there was a bug and handled it through the solution 242922.

-Best Regards

Kelum

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Kelum and Kushan,

Thanks for your replies. 

This is in Apps10 and issue exists.

I have already checked this solution and verified the behavior in Apps9. It is not possible to create the external PO for the serial in Apps9, which doesn’t seem to be a good option either. Anyway, in Apps10 the behavior has been changed with the induction of work task concept. 

Best regards,

Indika

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@HoiIndikW That makes sense. Cheers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Indika,

The issue has been recently reported to RnD and the latest correction currently planned is as follows;

In APP8, RnD agreed upon the behavior and the said bug correction as well. Yet it was a mistake from functional point of view to allow the Scarping of the serial object when there are open work orders connected on to it. However, given the industry feedback, many customer requirements and most importantly maintain the consistency,  it is decided now to run the scrap functionality as long as the connected work order/work task status equals to Work Done or Reported. (It does not have to be completed/finished).

In the above given test plan, it is required to set the WO status at least into Work Done in order to Set the Part Scrap. However, it is NOT an option to completely remove out the validation, since it could result in adverse impacts for many other customers.

Please refer http://jira/browse/AMZWOP-3914 or http://lcs.corpnet.ifsworld.com/login/secured/castrw/CaseDetail.page?__ID=932468&CASE_LOCAL_ID=G2264818-A for the latest changes in this area.

hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Yasanthi,

Thanks for your update. 

Could you please let me know the relevant bug id or the solution id for this correction, since I can’t view this case which belongs to a different customer. 

Best regards,

Indika

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Yasanthi,

Thanks for your update. 

Could you please let me know the relevant bug id or the solution id for this correction, since I can’t view this case which belongs to a different customer. 

Best regards,

Indika

Solution ID: 294017