Question

(Newby) ...Sorting Equipment Object Navigator

• 6 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I am using IFS Enterprise Explorer. Client vers: 9.0.57.0, Server vers:6.90.20.0 

I am a new to the application - with little training, so I am sorry this should be a veryy easy question.

I would appreciate some orientation around the ’Structure in Tree’ dropdown options for (I am assuming) ...ordering the Object Hierachy. See the attached picture.

I seem to have (by default)... an Object ID ordered Hierarchy.

The Dropdown for ‘Structure in Tree’, displays ‘Location’ and ‘Process’ fields (amongst others). I would like to know where these fields are exposed in case I can edit them to display the Hierarchy more intuitively

I am aware that I could add Structural Parent Objects (and provide Alphanumeric ID codes)  however it seems from the drop down and from other answers in the knowledgebase that options for re-ordering the tree are already available ..

I have Serial and Functional Objects, and have been looking in the Serial Object and FUnctional Object Tabs (to the right of the Tree), in order to match up the fields available in the dropdown with the fields available in these object types…

Is my quest sensible? What have I missed please?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Weir

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

What you see there is the different Object Structure Types,  that we could build and view the Equipment Object Structure.

I suggest you to read the below community post where it is explained for Location structure type.

These Structure fields are exposed in the “Structures” tab on the Functional Object window. Please refer the image below.

Badge +2

Thank you so much Mayura, that is exactly what I needed to know. 

Sadly, my company has overused Serial objects (which do not have these structural fields). In addition we issue object IDs sequentially. As a result of these two practices, browsing the object Hierarchy is at all intuitive.

I will read the link and see what I can do to add some Functional Objects and meaningful structure.  

Thank you again for the help 🙂

Robert